Hi everybody,
I came back on Tuesday and I was sick. I’m still sick now and I don’t know when it will stop. I went twice to the doctor since I have been back. It’s horrible but I will survive.
My feelings are a little confused, I’m happy to be at home, because I’m sick. Being sick abroad is not funny, but I miss a little bit my life as autonomous girl in Ireland.
Of course, I missed my parents, my friends, my animals, etc. and so I’m more than happy to be back at home in Belgium.
What I have learnt is to be autonomous, to decide what good is for me and what is bad. I had to choose healthy food if I didn’t want to take some kilos. I have never lived in a ‘kot’ in Belgium, so I didn’t know that life. I went sometimes to Stephanie’s ‘kot’ and slept there, but it’s not the same as living in an apartment for a few weeks. But one thing is sure: I liked that life. I enjoyed being responsible for my own life.
This experience was really worth and learned me a lot about myself.
If I had to do it again I would certainly do it. I loved the school, the people, the culture, my lifestyle, etc.
I think I would change the duration of the stay, make it a little longer, but not too long. I would say 4 months. And maybe I would like to be near a bigger city. I was near a “city”, but in Ireland a city can be very little or it can be very big too.
Do you think you have changed?
Well, I don’t know if I have changed , but a lot of people at home are saying that I have changed. What has changed, they don’t really know, maybe I seem to be a little bit more self-confident or adult. I took a lot of responsibilities over there, so maybe I am more responsible without knowing it.
About my way of teaching, I think I would be able to put more easily my course in brackets during a lesson to speak about something that happens outside, if a pupil talks about it. Of course, we would speak about the topic in English or Dutch.
I would try to put forward the law of reward to valorize the pupil who worked really good. It also helps less good pupils to try to work harder and better. So they can be rewarded, too.
I will remember all of my stay and my experience abroad. I learned so much that everything is important.
See you soon,
Catherine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment