Hiiiii !
We are all back now and I enjoy seeing my family and friends back. Before leaving my second school, on the last day, there was an assembly for me. One teacher took some pictures with me and the children and they offered me some Welsh tea, a cup with the Welsh dragon and a card.
They thanked me to have contributed to Llangadog children’s education. I was very pleased with that.
Before going back to Belgium, I wanted absolutely to see my first school back because I promised. I slept at my first headteacher’s house and in the morning, I saw the staff and the children. I felt very happy to see them back. It was the same impression as if you saw an old friend that you haden’t seen for ages. It was strange. I was very happy and a bit stressed at the same time. It was difficult for me to leave because the oldest girls were ready to go back with me. They didn’t want me to leave.
So, to summerize, I would say this experience has been rich concerning the work, the school, the staff, and the children even if there were negative things. Everybody told me to come back.
I am glad to have been able to give lessons all the time. I felt quite self confident when I taught. Moreover, in the second school, I took small groups of 8 or 9 children.
People asked me if Welsh people were open minded, open on the World because they only to know their country. They are so proud of their country and their language. They are proud of being bilingual. But I answered that every year, they take an assistant like me and I think that’s a proof they are open on other countries. When I told people I came from Belgium, they were interested and asked me more questions.
3 months were sufficient for myself to discover the Welsh culture, the education and methodology at school but at the same time, I am a little nostalgic when watching the pictures.
If I had been in a city and with no Welsh but only English, it would have been perfect.
see you ... for the exams some of you :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment