March 13, 2009

Nieuws uit Zwolle II

One month and 13 days already... time goes so fast actually!

If I had to say the truth, I would just use these Dutch expression # ik voel me zoals een vis in het water # whichmeans that I really feel comfortable here. . more and more honestly.

My host father gives me more #liberty# than before, I mean that I'm not obliged to be always right on time (he was quite strict about that in the beginning), I can eat later with my host-brother or use the kitchen as I want to and when I want to.

I also share more discussions with my host-brother who, during the first days, was kind of #distant#, closed, and, above all, hard to understand when he spoke.

My host-father and my teachers really make an effort to be very good-understood when they speak: they articulate, they don't speak too fast, and finally they try to put away their awful #grrrhhhhrrrr# lol.

I also have more facilities in school. The first weeks I didn't exactly know what I had to do with the pupils, which subjects to speak, but know the ice is defenitly broken and so we always spend a nice time all together when I take them by group of 4 and listen to their #French# which is of course improving thanks to the corrections I give them.


I expected a lot of other good things that, in fact, are happening ; I'm invited by some neighbours to eat, by some parents of pupils to fallow some private-French lessons, I have got a few friends now (see on the picture lol) in this little village and so life becomes more and more enjoyable.

All the people I know now are very nice with me.
They find very cute my #French touch# and are surprised to see that I can also speak Spanish. Actually, excepted in English, their French level is quite weak.. so, for them, someone who can speak more than 2 languages is really respected..


Guess what? the best thing is happening... We are coming to Brussels! I've organised this city trip with my mentors and the pupils just can't wait!


So as you can see, everything is doing very good, even better!


I hope it is the same for you all,


Have a nice week-end!


Arnaud


ps ; my expectations? well, I just want it to last as it is now! as promised, a pic"


''dikke zoen uit Zwolle''! ;)


No comments: