March 13, 2009

News from a'dam !

Hi everybody,

Well before you think : « never too late » , I apologize myself for not having written on the blog before.

Now : I LOVE AMSTERDAM !

I could stop here but as I have to get marks for it I’ll try to develop a bit.

I wouldn’t have enough time to tell you all the things that make this city and this experience so beautiful.

The very first instant I spent alone in the capital were bit strange. Even if i’ve been living on my own since I’m 17, I ‘ve left my partner, my friends, my routine in Brussel. So, this was a little confusing.

But it could have been worse…. I should even say : I’m really lucky. I live in the uptown centre of the city. The name of my street makes my pupils look at me like I was the winner of « euromillions » . I live with Els, this lady has just divorced and wants to sell his house. I barely see her, but she is nice. We sometimes drink a « lekker » glass of wine together.

I have my own room, with my bathroom on the second floor…and, the most exciting thing , th entire mezzanine-cellar floor is just for me. The house is 20 meters away from the « vondelpark », kind of little central park, the most beautiful park of The Netherlands…. I never use the garden ☺


I knew the city before but I discover new places, new streets every single day.
I’m writing all the good places and things to do in Amsterdam in my notebook so that I can make my own guide about Amsterdam. I just love it, because when you arrive in a city you don’t know, you just can see thousands of streets that don’t mean anything to you. But then, slowly, you make the city yours. Tripping isn’t it ?

The first week, I didn’t have any bike. My friend brought me one during the first weekend. But the pleasure of cycling throught the city lasted 5 days, indeed when I came back from the second weekend, I couldn’t find my bicycle !

I went out several times, and I go crazy each time I look at the agenda. Big names from the electronic music’s world come here for a performance eah weekend . And I’m not talking about the crowd, so enthousiast and ready to dance.

I’ve met some people so far an I begin to make my little social network. It wasn’t simple for me as I’m a bit shy but I’m already sure it’ll hurt to leave .

Well, I have to go now. Enjoy, whatever you are doing, wherever you are doing it ! ☺

Gregorio.

No comments: