March 28, 2009

2 months behind me ... and unfortunately, I am still disappointed.

For sure, things are getting better. I try my best to be as busy as I can, to discover the city and even the whole country as much as possible, to be the teacher my school wants me to be. But I'm really looking forward to coming back home! The only activities that people around me organize are parties. And of course, they don't have to be at school every morning so those evenings are great opportunities for them to get drunk and forget about the cold life they are having in the North Pole! Sorry, I am growing a bit sarcastic here ...

Anyway, we have had a whole sunny week that made us dream about spring ... but it was only a really funny joke : today it is snowing again! And of course, we have never had more than 0° yet! But I know deeply in my heart ;-) that April will be the most beautiful month Helsinki has ever seen!

At school, everything is quite fine. Since I have had a dinner at my mentor's house (where I met her son who apparently enjoyed my company), she seems to like me. At least, she is very kind to me and that is what matters. Of course I still have a lot of work, even more than before actually. A new period is starting in Finland (periods last only 7 weeks) and my mentor is going to Paris for a week with some of her students ... which means that I have to replace her. Shouldn't I be paid? Because that is what they told us during the Comenius weekend ... Anyway, I don't really care about the money but it is already difficult so I don't want to be exploited!

Just for fun ... It is already 3pm and my flatmate is still sleeping (like every day even when there is no party the day before). And seeing that we have only one room to share, I have to work in the dark! OK, I could work in the bathroom but it is not exactly what I would call a comfortable place.

I wish you a wonderful last month! Enjoy as much as possible. I will try to do the same. Hopefully I met a lot of amazing people here so it appears to be possible!

See you, Odile

No comments: