February 20, 2009

Some news from Wolvega (NL) but written in...Brussels!!

Hello everyone!

Like the majority of you, I arrived in Wolvega on february the first. I wasn't scared, I didn't feel no stress, I was just excited to be there. I wanted to know what was going to happen! I met the woman I live with. Her name is Truus. She's 50 and she's an assistant in chemistry in my college; Linde College. When I first saw her I was a bit scared, but she's really nice. And I feel really comfurtable in her house. I talk a lot with her, which is a good point for me. I can really practice my Dutch and my English because she likes to talk in English too!!

During the first days at school I didn't really know what to do. But the last two days I started to take my place. But I already had a week off!! So, I came back to our lovely, busy capital for a week. Wolvega is just a small village, and I realised I really like to live in a real city, not just a little village in the middle of nowhere! I'm going back to Wolvega on Monday. And I think I will try to make some trips to A'dam, because I really need my pollution dosis!!

At school, I'm trying to make conversations with the pupils but they're really bad at French!! It's even worse than in Belgium with our pupils speaking Dutch!! But I'll try to make them better than they are now! That's why I'm here!! The teachers are really nice, but there are no students in Wolvega, they all go away...! I can understand why... There's nothing to do here! So, I try to concentrate myself on the school...which pretty new for me!!! Another good point is that I will come back with some money... Thanks to the "Communauté française"!!

Do not think I'm not fine here, it's just that my social life in Wolvega is really really poor!

It's great to have some news thanks to this blog! But keep sending e-mails!!

Enjoy!

Ben or BenAchFromach!!

2 comments:

vincent said...

Speaking of little place with nothing to do? Come and see Ciro`my friend and you'll see! Well, I'm all with you buddy; I don't even have a TV, but it may be better that way, because italian TV really sucks. Italian people are funny though!
Veel moed (about the 2 only words that I still remember!!)
Dou-ouwwww!
V.

Orange Boy said...

Thank you for your support Vincent! I agree with you on the Italian TV...! Maybe it's for the best that you don't have a TV!
Aren't there any Dutch people in your place? You know, those noisy people travelling with their caravans? I heard they were everywhere in the world!! It might be good for you to practice your Dutch!!!
Doie!
Ben