My arrival at the High school in Leuven was on Monday the 2nd February. The international participants and I received messages by coordinators and councillors from the college of Leuven. They gave us an overview of the programme and its components.
The day before going to the new school, I had mixed feelings. I was worried, curious and wanting to make discoveries at the same time.
The first day ended with a drink and a dinner with teachers and students. The teachers tried to make us all comfortable. I was never at a table with so many people from different cultures. It is a real opportunity for me to be surrounded by people from all over the world: from Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, China, Holland and several other countries. I have a great appreciation of the diversity. The atmosphere at dinner was delightful. Colours, cheerfulness, smiley’s and curiosity to know who you are were at the rendezvous.
There is no dress code. You are accepted as you are. The teachers’ attitude towards the students is warm and friendly.
The rest of the week was organized for visiting the city of Leuven, settling administrative matters and asking possible questions.
This exchange will bring me a lot on human and intellectual levels. I have the feeling that I will not regret this unique experience.
Sanaa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Saana,
if you like sitting at a table with people from everywhere in the world, you should try 'babbelut' in Brussels. I've done it and it's fun. I guess you know what it is anyway. Actually I think you could be a 'vrijwilliger' yourself since the level of Dutch among the participants is not always very high.
Would you know when I'm supposed to leave a message on this blog? I already asked it via the regular emailing but nobody's answered me so far… I know 'veroco' gave us a timesheet but I've lost it somewhere; I'm taking the italian habits, you know (i.e. being very messy!)
Too bad we don't have a blog in Dutch because I'm definitely loosing it…
On the other hand, I've found back my Italian fluency
Bacione,
Vincenzo
Post a Comment